Friday, April 3, 2009

Hard Week

This has been such a hard week, starting with last Saturday. Sweeite got bronchitis while Papa Runner and I were out of town, so my mom had to take her into Prompt Care. Then Smartie came down with it on Sunday, so I stayed home from church with both girls. Monday night was my blood pressure scare and ER visit. Today, Smartie spiked a fever again and is complaining of a headache. This usually means an ear infection, but her tubes are still in her ears as far as I can tell, and I don't see any drainage. Either they have come out of the ear drum but are still in the ear canal or they're blocked. Or it isn't an ear infection.

Today is the 2nd anniversary of my best friend's death. I miss her a lot, especially this week when I know she'd be showing up at my door to clean my house and keep me company.

On the bright side, the modified bedrest seems to be helping. I've had only two systolic readings over 140 and NO diastolic readings over 90, usually running 130s/80s with some dips into 120s/70s. As long as that keeps up, I'm not in danger of delivering yet. At this point, my babies would have a chance of survival--a very small chance, but still. And with each day that goes by their chances improve.

2 comments:

Rena said...

Doesn't it seem like hard stuff always comes all at once?!?! I'm glad the bed rest is helping some since it's so hard to stay down if it doesn't seem to be doing any good. I thought of Lisa yesterday too......

Amber said...

I, too, am so thankful the extra rest has made a difference Jen!

Praying you through a day at a time!