Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

I feel like every post lately is full of how stressed and worried I am about something or other, but the worries just keep coming.

I don't know how far the word has travelled yet, but my MIL was diagnosed with breast cancer on Monday. She will be facing more surgery next week on Tuesday or Wednesday. We don't know much yet. They're still trying to figure out what's what.

In other news, I've passed 25 weeks! Yay! Survival rates at this gestational age are above 60%. I'm really looking forward to getting out of the second trimester and into the home stretch.

6 comments:

Mindy said...

How sad for Kayleen! I hadn't heard that yet so thanks for letting us know. Please keep us updated on her! We will keep her in our prayers.

Nog Blog said...

We want to keep up on Ethne too. You have much on your plate right now. I'm curious, does your insurance allow you to see any doctors, or are you limited to who you can go to?

Rena said...

I hate to hear that, your MIL is such a sweet lady! We will certainly pray for her & continue to for your family.

Rebekah said...

oh jen,
I am so sorry about kayleen. I had not heard that yet. How aweful! We will be praying for your family. I hope that all this stress can somehow not affect your pregnancy.

(ps. your post title is really funny)

Ashley Baner said...

Jen~
What else can go wrong?!! You have had a time lately! We will keep you, Ethne and Kayleen in our prayers. Please keep us updated!!

Mrs. Hany said...

First of all, I am so sorry to hear about Kayleen, we will be praying for her with fever. Second, YEAH on another week!! You keep cooking those babies, you are doing awesome! Third, your wit and intellegence in the title of th post was fantastic. We will be praying for all of these things. Again, if you need week night or weekend help PLEASE call me!!! I promise my house is tons of fun! Plus Grace is pretty much obsessed with your girlies!