Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Speaking Spanish

Today during one of my rest times, the girls decided to play dress up. Smartie put on the yellow dress, but Sweetie got the matching ring and necklace, which of course Smartie had to try to steal. I suggested that Smartie find a different ring and offer to trade with Sweetie.

A few minutes later they came back, this time with Smartie wearing the yellow ring and Sweetie sporting a pink ring.

"Oh," I said, "I see you traded. Good job."

"Yes, Mommy," said Smartie, "I asked Sweetie if she wanted to trade, and she said 'yes' in Spanish."

"In Spanish? Really? What did she say?"

"Well, she said no. But 'no' means 'yes' in Spanish, so I just took it."

Ah, the logic of preschoolers.

3 comments:

Marie Stork said...

Your girls are so funny!

Tim - Cathy said...

Older sisters - Ahhhh!

Love,
Mom

P.S. Can you say si-ber-odo?

Tim - Cathy said...

P.P.S. I hate computers . . . where does this stupid &amp come from anyway - that's not how I typed it in when setting up my gmail. You know how Dad likes to say - computers will only do what you tell them to do. Yeah right - ha ha!