Tuesday, March 31, 2009

22 weeks

This is "Clark"


This is "Addison"


And this is me at 22 weeks.



I was really excited yesterday to be reaching 22 weeks still symptom free. And then last night I had trouble breathing and my BP spiked. After spending a few hours in the ER, my BP was back down, my labs all came back normal, and I was sent home. I met with the OB today, who compared last night's labs with those from a few months ago. She told me to be prepared, because it looks like PE is inevitable. We just hope it is later rather than sooner.

So I'm on modified bedrest--resting on my side 3x per day for at least an hour each. I go back in next week for more labs. I'll be monitored very closely from here on out.

I'm just hoping to at least make 28 weeks. Which is still way too early but with a brighter outlook than 22 weeks.

6 comments:

Amber said...

Jen, we will be so prayerful for you. Take care of yourself and don't be afraid to ask for help (I know sometimes easier said than done). : )

Mindy said...

We'll be praying Jen!

Marie Stork said...

Prayers lifted on on your behalf--May God take care of you and those two precious little bundles!

Rena said...

Awww, I know this is disappointing for you. Take care of yourself!

Nog Blog said...

Jen, you know you've done absolutely everything you can do to deal with this problem you have with your pregnancies. You have been well-educated, and know more than most on how to manage the next few weeks (hopefully months)and what to expect. So just take care of yourself and the babies, take one day at a time, and do whatever your doctor says. Keep us informed!

Mrs. Hany said...

many prayers coming your way. If you need anything on the weeknights or weekends please let me know! I don't think your girls would have much fun coming to my high school but if I can do anything for you PLEASE let me know!