Friday, March 6, 2009

Prayer request

Well, I've been freaking myself out a little this week. As most of you know, I've had Pre-Eclampsia twice as well as two miscarriages. I knew my risk of PE in this pregnancy was above average just based on history alone. Adding twins to the mix raises it higher. So I've been doing a lot of research, and the more I learn about my specific set of cirumstances the more it looks like NOT getting PE will be nothing short of a miracle. And my risk of getting it early and severely is pretty high as well. I've decided to request a referral to a perinatologist for a consult.

My biggest prayer, of course, is that I'll make it far enough along that both twins have a good chance of survival. I'm probably the only woman in the world who WANTS to go overdue with twins, because that would mean I didn't have PE. 42 weeks with twins sounds just fine to me!

Important dates:
3/31--22 weeks, the threshold of possible survival
5/12--28 weeks, the threshold of probable survival
6/9--32 weeks, the risk of long-term problems drops
6/30--35 weeks, the point when I was diagnosed with Ethne
7/14--37 weeks, the point when I was diagnosed with Catie
8/4--40 weeks, due date
8/18--42 weeks, goal date :) Actually, anything after June 1 would be great.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

We will be prayerful for the babies and you!!

Mrs. Hany said...

Our prayers are being lifted for you and for the babies!!!

Rena said...

Definitely praying for you! BTW- I did place my official vote. :)

Amber said...

I'm finally catching up some with the blog world : ).

You have already been in my thoughts so much specifically with this Jen . . .and we will continue to be so prayerful for all of you.

Another amazing tidbit that always let me stay encouraged with even just one more day was that for every extra day babies were in my womb, that was TWO days saved from the NICU. So when weeks seem too hard to count, count the days. Each new one of those are a praise as well!

Keep resting lots and taking good care of yourself . . .we'll trust God for all the details.