Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Good News!

We have reached our minimum fundraising goal! As you know, Papa Runner & I have been training for a half marathon with Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team In Training. In order to run the San Diego Rock N Roll Marathon, we had to commit to raise $3900 each. As of today, we have $8137.44! Of course, there is no maximum goal. The cause of cancer research will always go on. We can accept donations into our account at our website, by mail, or in person until June 30.

Training is going really well, too. I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I do. You just feel better after a run. We're already talking about doing a full marathon (not with TNT) in the fall, and fundraising for another next spring!

In other news, Sweetie did the cutest thing yesterday! At bedtime, I read her a Bible story, then told her it's time to pray. She closed her eyes, folded her hands, and said, "*babble-babble-babble* MMMMMMMMM-men!" It's amazing how fast they learn. It really is never too early to start good habits of prayer and reading. And memorization, too. (Pardon me while I brag on my kids) For the last month or so, Smartie has been memorizing Psalm 121. She can now say 5 of the 8 verses. She really enjoys it, especially when we make up hand motions to help her remember.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on reaching your fundraising goal! Matt & I still want to contribute so hopefully we'll add a little more to the total. It is so great that you guys are doing this, and doing it together. I have thought for years I would love to be involved with TNT, but I'm not sure my body would agree (shin splints, tendonitis...) Maybe I'll have to glean some of your running/stretching knowledge after #4 arrives in Sept. :)
Praying your training continues smoothly,
janelle s.

Amber said...

Hmmm . ..maybe Janelle and I should get together with our leg issues to live vicariously through you!

congrats on reaching your goal - and for all your training!

Jessica said...

Jen, I am so proud of you! That is really awesome that you have reached your goals!
Also, I think you do an amazing job with your girls! I am impressed at all that Ethne knows! You were the one who got me excited to teach Ethan some sign language...after watching Ethne do it, it was just too darn cute!