Thursday, April 3, 2008

Hot Chocolate

Some of you may recall that Smartie liked playing in the snow because she got hot chocolate afterward. Yesterday, we played outside for a while in the nice spring weather. This is the conversation we had on coming in:

Smartie : Mommy, I'm really cold. Can I have some hot chocolate?
M: No, I'm not making hot chocolate today. But I'll get a snack ready.
(a few minutes go by)
Smartie : Mommy, I'm still really cold. Could I please have some hot chocolate?
M: No, I just gave you a snack. Finish your crackers.
(a few more minutes go by)
Smartie : *gasp* Hey, Mommy, I see something!
M: What? Where?
Smartie : It's in the cupboard!
M: Really, what is it?
Smartie : Well, it's hot, and it's brown, and it's called HOT CHOCOLATE!!!

When I finally stopped laughing and picked myself up off the floor, I made a batch of hot chocolate. You gotta admire her persistence and creativity.

No comments: