Saturday, April 12, 2008

First Potty Learning Attempt

Sweetie has been obsessed with pretending to go potty for the last two weeks. She tells me she has to go, which usually means she has just gone, and she sits on her potty chair for a few minutes before getting a clean diaper. After walking into the bathroom the other day and finding this:



I thought it might be time to make a training attempt. Sweetie spent Friday morning naked in the bathroom with her cup-cup, pretzels, a stack of books, and the potty chair. After three pees on the floor, I caught her starting to poop. I put her on the chair, and she did her business. Success, I thought. Then she stood up and saw what she had made. She completely freaked out, right away asking for her diaper. I don't intend to push her, so it's back to diapers for us.

Then tonight as we were getting ready for bath, she told me she had to go potty. She sat for 5 minutes and all attempts to get her into the tub were met with an emphatic no. And then...she made tinkles! We may get this done yet!

No comments: