Sunday, August 8, 2010

WBW--More Info and some Fun

Okay, World Breastfeeding Week is technically over, but I was really busy the past two days and didn't get a chance to post. So here are the posts I would have done on Friday and Saturday.

First, resources. I don't know if I'd still be breastfeeding if I hadn't found some excellent sources of information. Four websites in particular have been extremely helpful both in helping me know what was normal (babies are supposed to nurse often in the evenings, it doesn't mean you don't have enough milk) and helping me fix what was not normal (herbs can help you make more milk). I would recommend these sites to anyone looking for more information and support.

BFAR--This site is for women BreastFeeding After Reduction. The online support forum is out of this world!
Low Milk Supply--the sister site to BFAR but for women with low supply problems of any cause
Dr. Jack Newman--great videos on how to latch properly as well as great handouts on a number of issues
Kelly Mom--a great resource on what normal breastfeeding looks like

I would also recommend the following books:
The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding
Defining Your Own Success: Breastfeeding After Reduction Surgery
The Breastfeeding Mother's Guide to Making More Milk (this one is especially useful in identifying the causes of low supply)
The Ultimate Breastfeeding Book of Answers

And finally, some humor:



No comments: