Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Hospital Bedrest

Well, Papa Runner brought in the laptop after we finally figured out there's wifi at the hospital. I've been on hospital bedrest since Thursday when I developed a potentially dangerous new symptom. I know bedrest doesn't work for everyone, but it's done wonders for me. Every time I get worse, we increase my rest and my symptoms stabilize and hold steady for a while longer. I'm bored out of my mind, but I'm glad to be here as I could turn bad really fast.

When they admitted me Thursday night, they went ahead and put me on the schedule for transfer and delivery Friday; we were all sure this would be it. Obviously, we made it past that as well as the scheduled induction on Tuesday. I'm currently penciled in for induction next Tuesday (30th). Making it to 35 weeks with twins and PE sounds great to me, and I'd be content with going forward then.

Thanks, everyone, for the concern and prayers. It's made such a difference.

7 comments:

Marla said...

Thanks for the update Jen. We missed you at Bible study. Keep us updated. You are in our prayers.

Haley said...

Good to hear the update! Hope you don't get too bored. Can't wait to hear the news!

Mindy said...

It's good to hear from you Jen! I keep checking to see if you've had the babies yet! I'm excited to hear when they come!

Mrs. Hany said...

Good to hear from you Jen, we appreciate the updates! We will be praying for you and those babies (as well as the rest of the family!). Again, if there is anything you need, help with the girls, stuff done around your house, a bottle of wine (oops we will save that for after delivery!!), please please please let me know!!!

Marie Stork said...

Great news and glad things are going ok for you otherthan being bored! :) Looking forward to your speical news and still praying for you.

Kristy said...

Great to hear from you, Jen! Praying for you & the babies...hang in there! (you too, Brett - you'll have to talk to Chad about 'dealing with a wife on bedrest') =) But Jen, I bet your a much better 'patient' than I was!

betsy z said...

It's so great that you've made it so far! You've been in our thoughts & prayers. Hang in there!