Monday, June 29, 2009

Fantastic news and a little disapointment

I had an ultrasound today. Both babies are head down, so we are good to go for a vaginal birth! "Clark" is estimated to be 5lb 4oz. I'm not sure what the over/under is on that, but if it's accurate it would make him my biggest baby yet, bigger than my 37 weeker. "Addison" was estimated at 4lb 8oz. She's also presenting first, so it looks like she'll be the older twin.

Now for the disappointment: I was scheduled for induction tonight/tomorrow and was all prepared for it. Then my MFM decided that since I had remained so stable, I should try for one more week. I'm not horribly upset, I know it's best to give the babies more time and getting to 36 weeks would be great. (Plus, tomorrow is our anniversary, and it'll be nice not to have to share it with a double birthday.) But still, I'm so ready to get out of this hospital room. I've already been here almost 2 weeks. The OB promised, though, that if anything changes even a little, we'll go ahead with the induction.

8 comments:

Amber said...

Wow Jen - that is great news about the babies position. I keep praying a vaginal birth can happen for you!

While I"m sure your sick to death of those 4 walls of your room, your babies are obviously benefiting from your sacrifices. The end IS in sight.

Thanks for the updates, I thought of you so many times today wondering!

Mrs. Hany said...

So happy to hear both babies are cooperating! Is there anything you need at the hospital that I could bring you?? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know - you can email me at kirsten131@hotmail.com

Haley said...

That is great about the positions! I hope the week goes fast for you. Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I am so thankful those babies are doing so well! Hope the next days/week can go by quickly! Watch a few Cubs games!
~Alissa

Marie Stork said...

Glad to hear your fantastic news and will keep praying all goes well and that this coming week will fly! Thanks for the updates. You've been on my mind so much and it's good to know things are still going great!

Julia DesCarpentrie said...

Hang in there! Praying for you, the babies, and your family.

Rena said...

Just a quick note of encouragement. 5 years ago I spent 4th of July in a hospital & watched fireworks out the window. It was my 4th and final week of hospital bed rest. This weekend, we are celebrating a 5th birthday! It goes so fast. Hang in there, friend, don't let discouragement creep in! Much love to you & lifting you up in prayer this weekend. (Maybe our kiddos will share a birthday, Natalie's is July 6th.)

Anonymous said...

Jen I also watched the fireworks from St Francis Hospital 24 years ago when Crystal was born. A storm went thru on the 4th so Peoria moved their fireworks to the 5th. They shot them off just after Crystal was born. We were in the birthing room, Duane was holding Crystal and it is a great memory. We are keeping you in our prayers. Also so glad things are going well for Kaylene. We are waiting for the news of the twins.
Love you, Eileen