Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Full Bedrest

Well, it's happened. My blood pressure has been creeping up the last few days, especially just before I'm supposed to take a dose of meds. Today it finally crossed the "magic line" of 140/90 and stayed up even with the meds. I had a non-stress test and blood work at the hospital (came back fine), and I have one more test tomorrow that will determine officially if this is pre-eclampsia or just progressing pregnancy-induced hypertension.

I'm on full bedrest now. I can get up long enough to get a shower and something to eat, and that's about it. If my BP gets much higher, I'll be admitted and kept on hospital bedrest for the duration.

We really, really want to get three more weeks before these two make their grand entrance. If it is PE, average time from diagnosis to delivery is two weeks, and in my previous pregnancies I delivered within 48 hours. So we're praying I'll be a slow-progresser this time. I'll be under very careful monitoring to balance babies' health and my health.

ETA 31 week picture:

4 comments:

sarah said...

holy cow you're huge!

Amber said...

For 31 weeks with twins - you look GREAT Jen . . .we'll continue to be prayerful.

Please let us know what we can do to be helpful and supportive!

hang in there - you've done amazing!

Mrs. Hany said...

You are in our prayers!!!

Marie Stork said...

Praying for you--3 more weeks would be great--You look so good! Take it easy--Marie