Friday, January 2, 2009

Goals

I have two goals for Sweetie to reach before the babies come this summer, and I'm not very excited about tackling either one of them.

First, potty training. She went through a phase a few months ago where she sat on the potty several times a day but never actually went. She started doing it again in the last few days, usually telling me, "I'm wet (or poopy,) change me, go potty, M&M!" I know this would be an ideal window of time to get it done, but I just don't have the energy right now to spend hours in the bathroom waiting for her to go.

Second, big girl bed. This would take less effort on my part, but Smartie stopped taking naps as soon as she made the switch. I rely on Sweetie's naptime quite a bit right now, as I need my own afternoon nap. So the big girl bed does not appeal to me very much. It needs to be done, though, because we'll need the crib.

The whole sleeping arrangement is stressing me a little, too. I don't think two cribs will fit in the nursery. We may need to put the girls in bunk beds in the nursery and put the babies in the bigger room. I don't think Smartie will give up her room without a fight. Of course, we could try to sell our house, purchase a new one, and move...UGH, not while I'm this tired and sick!

2 comments:

Rena said...

Wow! You have so many things to think about & work at! I hope you get feeling better soon. If it's any encouragement, all my girls still took naps once out of their cribs. They also all got up at 6 when they were two! :)

Amber said...

I can sympathize! : )

But I would encourage you to get through the first trimester and rest while you can! It may make things a little tighter of a time crunch (as I am experiencing for real right now :) ) but I'd say you and your babies need all the rest they can get!