Saturday, May 3, 2008

The Lake Run

Since most of our teammates are running their big race in Indy today, Papa Runner and I decided to do our training at the 27th Annual Lake Run. They have three events, a non-competitive 3 mile walk, a 7K run, and a 12K (7.44 mile) run around Lake Bloomington. We signed up for the 12K.

Papa's time was 1:13:44. Mine was 1:31:30. I finished second to last! WOOHOO! In fact, I WAS last for most of the way, but I passed a guy in his sixties (I guess) at mile 6.

One of the things I love about endurance running is that you don't have to be an elite competitor to participate. The only time you need to worry about is your own, and you only need to compete with yourself and your goals. The goals I reached today:

1. Finish.
2. Maintain a steady pace. (I was pretty consistent ~12:15/mile the whole way.)

So yay for us! Just four weeks until our Race Day in San Diego.

ETA: I just checked the official results, and there was someone else behind me. So I was 310 out of 312. And the gentleman I passed was 73! :)

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Lol...you crack me up! I just had to laugh at the mental picture of you passing the 73 year old man...too funny! Congratulations on finishing! You are definately way ahead of me because I don't think I could've run 12K!

Anonymous said...

Great job! I agree with Mindy, I couldn't do it, so technically you would have beat me, too!
~Alissa

Jami said...

good job jen!! i'm impressed! :)