Thursday, January 31, 2008

Pet Peeves

I have a weird pet peeve. When two cars are facing each other at a 4-way stop and one is going straight and the other is turning left, the one going straight has the right of way. This isn't just a random rule, it's actually more efficient for the flow of traffic. It drives me crazy when the left-turner cuts in front of the straight-away-er.

I know what you're thinking. What's so unusual about that? Lots of people hate bad driving. But the thing is, I get just as upset, if not more so, at the kind soul going straight who waves people in front of her. These sweet people are just trying to be nice, and all I can think is, "You just wasted 3 seconds of everyone's time! Just GO when you're supposed to!" And it's even worse when you have two kind souls waving at each other and holding up everyone behind them!

So I shared mine, what's yours?

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Ben's pet peeve is all of my pet-peeves, I think. : ) It bugs me when people put their blinkers on too early.... i.e. planning on turning right at the next light but there's a gas station entrance first, which gives the appearance you're turning into the gas station. Dangerous, I say. That's just one of many.

Staci said...

You'd probably hate my driving. When I get to a 4 way stop, I stop and then if no one has gone yet, I go. No need to wait and guess who's going next.

My biggest pet peeve currently is when Reagan pulls clothes out and throws them on the floor. Instead of putting them back in the drawers, Jerime will throw them in the hamper. I HATE washing clothes I know she hasn't worn, especially when she gets the summer clothes out!!!

Anonymous said...

People that drive in dense fog without their lights on!!!!

Mom