Wednesday, January 16, 2008

13.1 Here We Come!

Papa Runner and I signed up for Team In Training last night. We're going to run a half marathon in San Diego on June 1! We'll be raising money (minimum $4000 each) for research for Leukemia and other blood cancers. We'll have a website where you can make online donations if you feel so moved, and as soon as it's up and running I'll post a link. Anyone else from the area who wants to join us, just let me know!

ETA:
I’ve been thinking up fundraiser events and wondered if any of you, or someone you know, would be interested in any of these:

Girls’ Night Out--Cover fee of, say, $20, I provide drinks/dessert
Baby Wearing Clinic--$10 class on why and how to wear your baby, with handmade slings, wraps, and mei tais available for sale
Karaoke Party
Cubs Game Viewing Party

If you would be interested in attending any of these, or if you have any other ideas, leave me a comment.

5 comments:

Mindy said...

I will think about you running while I sit on the couch and eat cookies. :)

Amber said...

I'm jealous . . .I was in the process of training for one and raising the money with TIT in college when I got stress fractures and had between those and my awful knees had a doctor make me stop. I still dream about doing it someday . . .but will cheer you two on in the meantime!

Mrs. Hany said...

I like the baby wearing thing. I have always heard of it but never really understood how to do it.

Mindy said...

I think the girls night out would be fun! I always love an excuse to get together with friends! :)

Jessica said...

All of your ideas sound like great fun! I would come to them all!!! Kuddos to you and Brett for signing up! Darin and I have run the half a few times and it was fun training together so I know you and Brett will enjoy it too!