Saturday, June 12, 2010

Hard Run

Whose briliant idea was it to sign up for a race in August in Illinois? Mine, you say? Oh, okay.

I did 7 miles in 85-90F heat today. I started out okay, but around the half way point I had to decrease my running ratio. Ended up finishing in just under 2 hours, way too slow to meet the deadline in Mahomet. I either need to get faster, tougher, or pray for cool weather on race day.

On the plus side, I'm past the half-way mark. 13.1, here I come!

Looking forward to the Disney Princess race in February. It should be a little cooler even though it's in Florida.

1 comment:

Shelley S said...

I agree - the heat is horrible to run in! When I started back in Feb I thought it was so cold to run outside, but now I'd trade this muggy heat for the cold weather in a heartbeat. Stick with it - you're doing great!!