Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Doctor Appointment

So I took Monkey to the doctor today. We've noticed his spine curves to his left and his abdomen is distended to the right. Dr. C is not sure which is the primary problem--does he have a spine problem (like scoliosis) that is pushing his abdomen sideways, or is there a problem in his abdomen (like an enlarged liver) that is pushing his spine sideways? So we have an X-ray and ultrasound scheduled for next Tuesday. He won't be able to eat for 4 hours beforehand, so that should be interesting.

On the plus side, it was really fun just having one baby to interact with. Monkey loves being talked to and is becoming so expressive. I've fallen into a bad pattern (which other twin mamas have said they do, too) that I don't do much one-on-one time with the twins. I feel like if I'm just holding one, I'm neglecting the other, so I just neglect them both equally. I'll have to get over that and make some time for each twin separately.

2 comments:

Nog Blog said...

Certainly hope Gavin is OK. Let us know what the tests show. Love you guys!

Julia DesCarpentrie said...

DesC family will be praying for your appt. for Gavin. Keep us posted!