Thursday, July 9, 2009

After a rough few days, we're finally announcing...

I'll make a bigger birth story post later, but for now...

Sassy got tired of waiting and made her appearance at 9:25 Tuesday morning, after just 5 hours of labor and arriving 2 minutes before the doctor. After a little persuasion, her brother Monkey followed at 9:49. Mom is thrilled that we avoided a c-section--both came naturally, and Sassy made it without any pain meds!

I was able to nurse both of them in the first hour. Sassy did really well, Monkey not so much. Monkey ended up having some breathing problems and had to be in the nursery for a while. He's fine now, and both are nursing like champs.

I didn't do as well as either of them. A few hours after they were born, my pre-eclampsia got worse. My memories of the rest of that day are pretty hazy, but I was put on magnesium sulfate to prevent seizures or stroke. I didn't see the babies again for 24 hours. I'm feeling better now, off the mag, and nursing most feedings. We hope to be home tomorrow, so I'll be able to post more then.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats from the Steidingers!!
Glad to hear they've arrived safely, and that things are going more smoothly now--we'll be praying for you as you make the transition home with your two newest blessings :)

-Janelle

Amber said...

We've been praying for you so much these past few days and will only continue to do so!

We're so thrilled that Riley and Gavin made it here and thankful all could go as you hoped. Keep taking a day at a time and know that God will continue to be with you!

Mindy said...

Congratulations!!!! So excited for you guys! Sorry to hear things didn't go very well for you post-birth but thankful you seem to be doing better. I'm excited to meet the twins sometime soon!

Branden and Julia said...

Thankful for answered prayer and the safe arrival for both babies and mom! Love from the DesCarpentries

Jessica said...

Congrats Jen! Thankful that everything went well! We have all been anxiously awaiting the news! :) Looking forward to seeing some Pictures too! :)

Tim - Cathy said...

The babies' picture is on www.bromenn.org website. They are adorable!

Proud Grandma

Katie said...

Congrats Jen, Can't wait to meet them.

Staci said...

Glad you are feeling better! Their picture is so cute!!!

Mrs. Hany said...

Congratulations!!! Glad to hear you are all feeling better!! Can't wait to see pictures of the little ones

Rena said...

Glad they arrived safely! I hope you continue to feel well, but sorry you had a few rough ones. Looking forward to seeing you all!

sarah said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited everything went as good as it did:)

Brooke said...

Congrats! I hope you are close to getting out of there... what a relief it will be to finally be at home!

Haley said...

Congratulations!!! I love the names, and I'm glad to hear that you are all doing better. Can't wait to meet them!