Sunday, February 22, 2009

They're all a bunch of liars! ;)

Every time I go out, especially to church, people tell me I'm "not that big for having twins." I don't believe them. I look about 6 months along when I'm not quite 4, which is exactly where I'm supposed to be.

I suppose it's the result of our weight-obsessed society. There's nothing more horrifying for many women than the prospect of gaining 40+ pounds in 9 months, so to make her feel better we tell her how small she still is.

I don't really feel that way, though. I'm not getting fat, I'm growing life. What could be more miraculous and beautiful? It is a privilege to see my body do exactly what God intended it to do at this time in my life.

So to all of the well-intended people trying to compliment me, you're wrong. I'm HUGE! And I love it!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Isn't it crazy how fast you reach that "very obviously pregnant" point?!

I remember being out to eat around 6 months along (or maybe even a little before) and this old guy looked at me and said, "So, any day now?" That was after he sat there and watched me eat with a look that clearly stated, "hold back pregnant lady" for half my meal. : ) I think he about choked on HIS meal when I told him how much longer I had to go. His poor wife was so embarressed. Ahh the humor of it all (I did find it mostly funny that night thankfully).

Either way - whether someone thinks you're looking big or small . ..I think you look great AND healthy.