Tuesday, February 17, 2009

And the answer is YES

Yes, we had lost our minds. Thankfully it was temporary. I so appreciated all of the comments on my last post, especially from the twin-mamas who have BTDT. To make the decision even easier, I spent the last two days getting Sweetie's room finished. And by finished, I mean:

removing all furniture
sweeping cobwebs from ceiling
wiping handprints from walls
repainting all trim
spackling and painting any touch-up spots on the wall
and steaming the carpet

I still need to get the curtains back up, put the door back on, and move the dresser back in. I had to rush to get it all done because the bunkbeds are coming on Thursday. I think I'll wait a month or so before moving Smartie over, but I want lots of time to get her current room ready for the twins.

I am so exhausted, I don't think I can move. No way could I do this to the whole house, so moving plans are on hold for at least a year.

Other than majorly overdoing it, the pregnancy is going really well. I've been blessed that the second trimester is usually pretty easy for me. It's not until the third that things become questionable. Who knows how it will go with twins, but for now I'm feeling good.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Oh I feel for you Jen - I'm sure you ARE exhausted. I'm exhausted just reading your list! : )

I don't think you'll regret your decision. Take the energy you have and overall just feeling good, and do what you can to prepare for the "third trimester." It will show up earlier than with the other girls - so doing what you can now will make that transition easier for you as well. I had started stocking up on freezer meals for AFTER babies . . .and it's been the biggest blessing these past couple months where I'm more limited now.

I think you have an amazing attitude of perseverance and can do . . .and am confident that you'll do great. We'll continue to be prayerful! Hope you can rest some tomorrow!

sarah said...

hey jen i thought of you today and didn't know if i'd remember tomorrow- hope you and brett have happy birthdays! glad things seem to be going well for you.