Saturday, February 21, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me

What's worse than having the flu? Having the flu and bronchitis.

What's worse than having the flu and bronchitis? Having the flu and bronchitis while pregnant.

What's worse than having the flu and bronchitis while pregnant? Having the flu and bronchitis while pregnant with twins.

What's worse than having the flu and bronchitis while pregnant with twins? Having the flu and bronchitis while pregnant with twins on your birthday!

Yes, I'm throwing myself a pity party. Thankfully, I am on the mend and will be able to celebrate with the family this weekend. Of course, it's not easy for Papa Runner either. He had to deal with a wife who is sick with the flu and bronchitis while pregnant with twins on her birthday...on HIS birthday.

5 comments:

Mindy said...

What a bummer! I hope you feel better soon so you can party this weekend!

Happy Birthday to you and Brett!

Amber said...

How sad! The closest I can relate was when I got the flu, while pregnant (with Ava), on my birthday. You definately win!

Hopefully you got a little celebration in - take care of yourself!!!!

Marie Stork said...

Do you and Brett share the same birthday? I have been enjoying reading your blog and if you would like to read mine just send me an email since I don't know your email address. storkmm@maxwire. net. Happy Belated Birthday!

Rena said...

Oh boy, that does sound awful! Happy late birthday to you both & Ron too! Just think, you didn't have to miss Ned Kelly's this year, since you would not have felt up to it. Hope you are on the mend.

Anonymous said...

I sometimes think being pregnant is just as hard on the dads as it is on the moms. I was miserable the entire time, and I know Jerry just could have killed me most days. One night I was finally hungry for pizza. I knew I wanted it, so he ordered some. As soon as it came, and I smelled it, I started crying becaise I knew I couldn't eat it. He just stood there and looked at me with a confused look on his face, and I ran to my room and closed the door. You'll look back on it all one day and smile!