Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Big Milestone

Smartie turned five in October. In five years, she has never, not once, been dry overnight. Without telling tales, bedwetting is a rather common affliction on my side of the family, so I didn't even bother to push it. I figured we'd be buying night-time diapers for years to come.

On Sunday night, Smartie informed me that she wasn't wearing diapers anymore.

"...Um, okay. If you feel like you need to go potty, you'll need to get up and use the toilet. Do you think you can do that all night?"

"I don't know. We'll find out!"

With much trepidation from both Papa Runner and me, we let her go to bed in panties. The result Monday morning? DRY! Tuesday? DRY! Wednesday? DRY! Needless to say, I'm thrilled (and more than a little shocked)! Let's hope she can keep it up.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

wow! way to go Ethne!

Marie Stork said...

That's great! We just have had one bed wetter so far and I'm hoping that's what happens here soon! The oldest was trained at 18 months and Michaela was trained at 24 months and then....we are still working on it!