Friday, June 20, 2008

No Tylenol for You!

Sweetie is NEVER GETTING TYLENOL AGAIN at least in infant form, and probably not in childrens liquid either! She was running a fever for a couple days. Now, I don't treat fevers up to 102 because I think it's a healthy part of the immune system. But once it goes over 102, I feel like it's time to treat.

On Wednesday night, it hit 103 right at 8:00. I gave her a dose of infant Tylenol and put her to bed. She slept until 9:30. I then rocked her in the computer chair while I messed around. She finally started to fall asleep just before midnight. Now, I figured it was about time for another dose before I laid her down. Big mistake!

She was back up at 12:30 yelling, "Mama, w'are you? W'are you!" I got back up with her and headed to the basement. She proceeded to spend the next hour running back and forth on the couch. When she finally got bored with that, she spent another hour running in circles around the ottoman. And when she finally got all that energy out, she spent another hour sitting next to me poking me and saying, "Eyes! Ears! Belly!"

She finally started to relax enough to be put to bed at 3:30. I am positive she had some kind of hyper reaction to the medicine. Smartie had a similar reaction to Dimetap at about the same age. So NEVER AGAIN! She'll just have to make do with Motrin until she's big enough to try chewables or swallowables.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Poor you! My kids never had a reaction to anything like Tylenol, but I remember times being up all night with them for various reasons. Hope you got some rest somewhere along the line.