Friday, April 30, 2010

Running

Tomorrow registration opens for the Disney Princess Half Marathon, which will be next March. I'm totally signing up for it! You get a tiara instead of a medal. You have to pick a princess to be when you register, and I'm going with Belle. Belle and Jasmine were the only ones smart enough to get to know their prince before committing their hearts, plus Belle has the awesome library. I'm totally a Belle.

But since that race is so far away, I'm probably registering for a nearby half marathon (Mahomet) that runs in August. The only potential problem with that race is the course time limit: 3:05:00. My PR is 3:06:06, but the race director assured me that if I'm that close, he'll keep the finish line open for me.

Then I want to do another Team In Training race in January. My choices are Disney (not princess) and Arizona. Since I'm hoping to do the Princess one, I'll likely go with Arizona. Do I dare try a full? Yes, I dare!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

do the Phoenix race. It was an awesome experience for me!

Anonymous said...

You're officially nuts. Running is miserable. You are, however, not nuts for going with Belle. She rocks. Don't forget Mulan, though. She's cool too. Can I come to Disney with you and just ride rides?

Amy

Shelley S said...

Where is the princess one held at? Is it local or in Florida? If it's around here I'm totally doing it!!

Mama Runner said...

Shelley, it's in FL, but don't let that stop you. How did the lake run go?