Friday, December 11, 2009

Potty-Training Diary & Nursing at 5 months

My little Sweetie turned 3 on Tuesday. As mentioned last week, we decided Monday was No More Diaper Day.

On Monday, she had 7-8 accidents and no successes. After each accident she'd say, "Now can I have a diaper? Please?"

On Tuesday, we took her diaper off at 8:00 when she got up, and she held it for almost 4.5 hours! She was obviously uncomfortable for the last 2 hours, but she was determined not to go despite sitting on the potty every 5-10 minutes. Finally, she sat down on her own, without me asking her to, and went potty. She immediately said, "Hey, the tinkles are coming out. :D I get chocolate! :D" After that one success, though, she had 3-4 accidents throughout the afternoon.

On Wednesday, she again held it for 4.5 hours, then used the potty on her own. She stayed dry the rest of the day, without me reminding her!

On Thursday, the novelty had worn off. She had a few accidents throughout the morning, but stayed dry all afternoon/evening.

Today, she has been dry all day except for the accident she had while playing outside. I'd say she's about 95% there with bladder-training during the day. Next up, bowel training--she's had a BM accident every day this week, but I know it can take a few more weeks before she figures that out. I don't expect her to be night trained for a few more years yet, considering our family history of bed wetting.

________________________________


The twins are five months old now. You know what would make nursing x2 much easier? Three more pairs of hands. Wouldn't it be nice to have one hand to hold each head in place, one to hold each body in place, one to hold each breast/tube in place, and one to hold each pair of little hands out of the way? Plus an extra one to scratch my nose. ;) That's what I want for Christmas, seven more hands!

We are at a tricky age with BF. Actually, it's been going on for almost a month already--the grabby hand phase! The twins are driving me nuts with pulling on the supplement tubing, pushing on my breast, popping on and off. UGH! And yet, I can't imagine doing anything else. Quitting has never seriously crossed my mind, even in those (rare) moments when I think I hate BF. When I'm relatching for literally the 57th time, I still can't imagine switching to bottles. (This is not meant to make anyone feel guilty for making different choices. I know we all do the best we can with our specific circumstances.)

1 comment:

Staci said...

Try a nursing necklace. Lace up some large colored beads for them to grab. I've heard it works but never tried it.