Sunday, December 30, 2007

John 11

Yesterday I studied John 11 about the resurrection of Lazarus, and two things really struck me. First, Jesus didn't answer right away when he heard Lazarus was sick. He could have performed a miracle and healed Lazarus right away. But by waiting, an even greater miracle occurred, which led many to believe. In verse 4, Jesus said this sickness was for the glory of God. It was a good reminder for me that, even though I don't understand why Sweetie has to go through such an ordeal after such an insignificant cut, God can use it for his glory. He may not answer right away, but a greater miracle can occur if we wait for His timing.

Second, in verse 16 when Thomas hears that they're heading back to Judea where Jesus had recently been in danger, his response was, "Let us also go, that we may die with him." What a pessimist! And yet, even though he feared not only for Jesus but for himself, there was no where else he would rather have been than at Jesus's side. I have been very stressed and discouraged over our bad news, but I cannot find a better place to be than with my Lord.

2 comments:

Mrs. Hany said...

We are praying for you!!! Isn't it so nice to find comfort and asnwers in the Lord! Keep us posted.

Katie said...

Praying for you