Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Sweetie is doing so well

Sweetie was diagnosed with kidney reflux a year ago. We were told that a Grade 1-2 will clear up on its own, while a Grade 4-5 definitely needs surgery. She was a Grade 3. We decided to wait for a year to see if she outgrew it. Even 3 months ago, she was complaining of pain every day, and I was convinced she'd need surgery.

Then one day I realized she wasn't complaining any more. In the last 2 months, she's gained some weight. Not a lot, but still. AND her preschool, Sunday school, and co-op teachers have all commented that she's participating more, making friends, and just happier.

She was retested a few weeks ago, and there's NO reflux. I didn't realize how much it affected her, but I'm so thrilled to see her blossoming. And so thrilled she doesn't need surgery.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

God is good! That's so exciting!

Anonymous said...

That’s great. I had to have mine repaired. I had surgery when I was younger about her age. Now to prevent a UTI because my kidneys can’t filter things right still I am limited to what I can drink and my mom said it was horrible for me to go through. I don’t remember it that much, But I am glad Katie is doing very well.
Kimberly Brosman