Monday, July 18, 2011

Nine years together

Papa Runner and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary at the end of June. One of the things I love about my husband is that he's a planner. Retirement, college education funds, the week's grocery list organized by aisles, my man is on top of things.

This year Papa Runner spent 4 months planning our anniversary trip. We went to a Cubs game in Chicago on Thursday, spent the night at the O'hare Hilton, and flew to Cancun via Atlanta for a 5 night stay. (Lots of airline miles and hotel points racked up. He knows how to get awesome deals.) The kids went to my parents for the week.

On the Sunday before, I asked my mom if we could drop the kids off Wednesday afternoon so we wouldn't have to get them up so early Thursday morning. When Papa Runner found out, he decided we should be spontaneous and spend Wednesday night in Chicago, too, so we wouldn't have to get up early for the game. He then spent the next 3 days researching the best hotel to be spontaneous at. Yep, only three days of planning is very spontaneous for us!

I love you, Papa Runner. Looking forward to many more well-planned years together.

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

Sounds amazing!! So glad you got to get away!!

Amber said...

love it. : )

SO glad you guys got the time away. Hope you enjoying a lot of doing nothing but being together.

Happy Anniversary (a little late)

Heidi said...

Way to go Brett. So fun that you guys got a way and Happy Anniversary!

Brooke said...

Glad you had a great getaway, and I'm thankful you made it back safely. :)

And happy anniversary!