Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Christmas Gifts

Do you like your gifts to be practical, something you plan on buying for yourself eventually anyway but can get now instead of later? Or do you like to get something crazy and fun, like a magnetic flying saucer decoration for your desk at work?

Papa Runner and I are divided. His parents usually ask us if we want to combine our Christmas money to get one bigger joint gift or get two smaller separate gifts. In the past we've gotten the joint gift, but this year we can't agree on what we'd want. One wants to get paint to redecorate our bedroom. The other says, "Paint?!? We can get paint anytime. How about a voice-activated light dimmer-switch or something cool like that?"

1 comment:

Shelley S said...

Too funny! I like to get something practical that I will use or that will look nice in my house. My husband agrees with me on that one. Our biggest debate is whether you should give someone your list of what you want, or if they should decide what they want to give you. "Isn't that what true gift-giving is all about?" he says.