Saturday, October 25, 2008

I've been tagged twice

It's about time I updated (from Papa Runner's work computer this time.) So here are 7 things about me:

1. I just finished my second half marathon in Columbus last weekend. It was awesome! I set a PR of 3:06:07, which is 23 minutes ahead of my last time. Can't wait to do it again!

2. I'm a sleepwalker. I used to wake up in strange places, like my closet or the garage, but I've only caught myself sleepwalking twice since we've been married. Weird sleep patterns run in my family.

3. Speaking of weird sleep patterns, I also have very vivid dreams several times a week. I always remember them in detail. Like last night I dreamed that Papa and his best friend were taking turns towing each other in a wheelchair behind a Jeep. They were both covered in mud and trying to clean it off before I caught them. Sometimes I'll realize I'm dreaming, and then I always fly.

4. Every time I go clothes shopping for myself, I come home crying. I hate shopping.

5. When Smartie was first born, I was a very "modern American" parent. But as time goes on, I find myself becoming more of an "ancient tradition" parent. I'm now an avid babywearer, do baby-led solids, and if God blesses us again I plan to nurse for at least 18 months.

6. I'm often a reverse perfectionist. If I can't do something perfectly, I'll give up and do nothing. "Better to be lazy than a failure." I'm working on accepting "good enough."

7. I took piano lessons for 8 years. I added up how much money my mom spent on it, and it was over $3000. I asked her if it was worth it. She claims it was.

I think everyone I know has been tagged already, so that's it for me.

2 comments:

sarah said...

I remember you telling stories about moving things around your room in your sleep. And I agree with the clothes shopping thing- althought I don't think I come home crying:)

Marla H. said...

Congrats on the record!

I was a sleep walker...when I was little and in Jr. High! I haven't yet since we've been married. It's such a starge feeling!

Thanks for posting!